Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Wang <er...@cls.uob.com.sg> on 2001/04/18 10:24:21 UTC

autocomplete attribute for html form tag

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone manage to turn off the autocomplete feature in IE thru
Stuts form tag?

Currently I am using the Struts html form tag to come up with the login form.
As far as I know, we can have an attribute autocomplete='off' in the normal form
tag to turn this feature off.
However, the Struts form tag does not support this attribute.

I am not sure will this attribute will be added into the Struts form tag in any
future release of Struts?
Or anyone has done it in another way?

Thanks in Advance.
Eric

Re: autocomplete attribute for html form tag

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Something we could consider in the 1.1 timeframe is a generic "options"
property that would just render non-standard options verbatim. So in
this case we might have something like options="autocomplete=off" in the
Struts tag, and then the tags would just append that to the tag
properties, no questions asked. But I don't know how you would do this
now, unless the property can also be changed via Java or VB script that
you could call with one of the event handlers, or when the form loads.

Eric Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just wondering has anyone manage to turn off the autocomplete feature in IE thru
> Stuts form tag?
>
> Currently I am using the Struts html form tag to come up with the login form.
> As far as I know, we can have an attribute autocomplete='off' in the normal form
> tag to turn this feature off.
> However, the Struts form tag does not support this attribute.
>
> I am not sure will this attribute will be added into the Struts form tag in any
> future release of Struts?
> Or anyone has done it in another way?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> Eric

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/

RE: autocomplete attribute for html form tag

Posted by Tobias Meyer <t-...@gmx.de>.
Hi Eric,

> Currently I am using the Struts html form tag to come up with
> the login form.
> As far as I know, we can have an attribute autocomplete='off'
> in the normal form
> tag to turn this feature off.
> However, the Struts form tag does not support this attribute.

There's no autocomplete attribute in the "official" HTML 4.01
specification, although it works in IE (don't know which versions).
[ http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.4 ]

You could ask on the dev-list but I personally don't think that
Struts should support one of these fancy IE-specific tags ;))

regards,

Tobias Meyer