Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cheng Huang <ch...@cse.wustl.edu> on 2003/11/12 00:55:50 UTC

[users@httpd] apache stops logging

Hi, I am using apache 2.0, running as root. It stops logging several
days after I start the web server. It is also strange that the time
stamp of access_log file changes every time a new request comes. I have
tried to look through google. People have asked the same question
before, but no solutions found. Can somebody help me with that? Thanks.

-- Cheng

RE: [users@httpd] apache stops logging

Posted by Cheng Huang <ch...@cse.wustl.edu>.
Hi, Jason,

After getting your hint, I removed more data from /usr. Now it seems
that logging is working correctly. Thanks a lot.

-- Cheng

Posted by Cheng Huang <ch...@cse.wustl.edu>.
Thanks for your reply. Here is the information.

Log file directory /usr/local/apache2/logs. Apache server version:
Apache/2.0.47. OS Redhat 7.1

[root@ logs]# ls -l
total 212
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       177279 Nov 12 01:06 access_log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        25312 Nov 12 01:05 error_log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            6 Nov 12 01:05 httpd.pid

[root@ logs]# ls -l
total 212
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       178479 Nov 12 01:08 access_log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        25312 Nov 12 01:05 error_log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            6 Nov 12 01:05 httpd.pid

[root@ logs]# df -k
/dev/hda1               381139    109940    251521  31% /
/dev/hda7             14326296   5769484   7829072  43% /export
none                     63076         0     63076   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda3              1035692     78964    904116   9% /tmp
/dev/hda2              2577424   2333180    113316  96% /usr
/dev/hda6               256667     47653    195762  20% /var
/dev/hdb1             76896316    169596  72820520   1% /export1

-- Cheng

Posted by Jason Parsons <jp...@saffron.net>.