Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Ildar Absalyamov <il...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/18 05:39:06 UTC

Re: Debugging with generated code

Hit that issue as well.
Is there any workaround to configure the debugger to pick up generated byte code?
Or alternatively have a flag which disables runtime codegen during debug sessions?

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 19:00, Michael Blow <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I believed ASTERIX-1459 to be fixed, but it seems there are some issues.
> When running the execution tests, if I step into a generated evaluator, I
> can set breakpoints as normal.  But, when running a one-off single test, it
> seems while I can step into the generated evaluators, I cannot set
> breakpoints.  I will re-open 1459 for further investigation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -MDB
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 6:16 PM Xikui Wang <xi...@uci.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> I am debugging with FieldAccessByIndexEvalFactory, and the break points are
>> not working here. This may be related to  ASTERIXDB-1459
>> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ASTERIXDB-1459>. Is this fixed in
>> the code base? Thanks.
>>
>> Best,
>> Xikui

Best regards,
Ildar

Re: Debugging with generated code

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

To debug a generated code,

   1. Before start AsterixDB, create you breakpoints
   2. Start AsterixDB and run your query
   3. Eclipse should catch the breakpoint during the bytecode loading (I
   think the code loading is done lazily)

If you missed it once, you cannot catch it again and you have to restart
the process. I believe because Eclipse (or whatever IDE) cannot allocate
where the code is (because it's already loaded).

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet