Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dianne Skoll <df...@roaringpenguin.com> on 2018/04/03 14:57:27 UTC

OT: Frequency vs. Period (was Re: The "goo.gl" shortner...)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 11:09:38 -0300
Leandro <le...@spfbl.net> wrote:

> This means, for example, your system do 10 queries at same second,
> then the query frequency is 100ms.

In SI units, frequency has the unit s^(-1) and period has the unit s,
where s stands for "second"

So 100ms is the period, and 10/s is the frequency.  Basic dimensional
analysis.

Regards,

Dianne.

Re: OT: Frequency vs. Period (was Re: The "goo.gl" shortner...)

Posted by Leandro <le...@spfbl.net>.

> On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 11:09:38 -0300
> Leandro <le...@spfbl.net> wrote:
>
> > This means, for example, your system do 10 queries at same second,
> > then the query frequency is 100ms.
>
> In SI units, frequency has the unit s^(-1) and period has the unit s,
> where s stands for "second"
>
> So 100ms is the period, and 10/s is the frequency.  Basic dimensional
> analysis.

You are right! My mistake. I just fixed website information. Thanks!

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Note: Goo.gl is being shutdown.
https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/30/google-shutting-down-goo-gl-url-shortening-service/
Apologies if I already noted that here.

--
Kevin A. McGrail
Asst. Treasurer & VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation