Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com> on 2011/09/12 12:05:49 UTC

List of areas to log/debug/trace

Hello,
is there a list of areas we can modify logging level in cpp broker? I mean, when using "--log-enable debug:framing" option, list of verbosity levels is printed in qpidd help. But I can't find anywhere the list of areas to debug.

(I suppose the list is list of directories in qpid source, i.e.:

acl
agent
amqp_0_10
broker
client
cluster
console
framing
log
management
messaging
replication
store
sys
types
xml

but that is only my guess based on my experience so far..)

Thanks in advance for information.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: List of areas to log/debug/trace

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 09/12/2011 06:05 AM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> Hello,
> is there a list of areas we can modify logging level in cpp broker? I mean, when using "--log-enable debug:framing" option, list of verbosity levels is printed in qpidd help. But I can't find anywhere the list of areas to debug.
>
> (I suppose the list is list of directories in qpid source, i.e.:
>
> acl
> agent
> amqp_0_10
> broker
> client
> cluster
> console
> framing
> log
> management
> messaging
> replication
> store
> sys
> types
> xml
>
> but that is only my guess based on my experience so far..)

The logger does a substring match of the --log-enable string against the
fully-qualied name of the c++ function with the logging statement. So e.g.
--log-enable debug+:cluster matches everything in the qpid::cluster module
(which by convention is in the qpid/cluster src directory.) Usually it's used to
identify a general areas like broker, messaging, cluster etc. but if you care to
read the source you can target individual functions.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org