Posted to kerby@directory.apache.org by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com> on 2015/07/02 03:38:16 UTC

How about not adding @author tag to source codes?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's sutiable not to add the @author tag preferred by ApacheDS project in Kerby sources, like below. I know other ASF projects in Hadoop ecosystem disallow any author tags in explicitly checking.

@author <a href="mailto:dev@directory.apache.org">Apache Directory Project</a>

I have a concern if we choose to add it, we may need to add it for all the sources to make it consistent, otherwise it will look strange. So would it sound good not to add it for now? Thanks.

Regards,
Kai

RE: How about not adding @author tag to source codes?

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.