Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Peter Foley <pe...@abs.gov.au> on 2001/05/29 07:25:40 UTC

Namespace problem

Microsoft .NET allows me to generate

<soap:Envelope>
<soap:Body>
<Connect xmlns="abs.org">
<request>
<id>1</id>
</request>
</Connect>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

This can be created and parsed by MSXML 3 and I can retrieve the id node by
 node = selectSingleNode("//soap:Envelope/soap:Body/Connect/request/id");

However XERCES and the Oracle XML Parser return null for the same XPATH
statement. If I generate the SOAP message with the "abs.org" namesapce at the
top level I can get node by
 node =
selectSingleNode("//soap:Envelope/soap:Body/abs:Connect/abs:request/abs:id");
if i fully qualify all the nodes.

Who is right? and more importantly how can I code Xerces to give me the desired
node via XPATH?

Thanks.