Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/06 03:04:27 UTC

Writing to remote HDFS using C# on Windows

Hi, All

Is there a way to write files into remote HDFS on Linux using C# on
Windows? We want to use HDFS as data storage.

We know there is HDFS java API, but not C#. We tried SAMBA for file sharing
and FUSE for mounting HDFS. It worked if we simply copy files to HDFS, but
if we open a filestream and write to it, it always throws exceptions.

Best regards!

RE: Writing to remote HDFS using C# on Windows

Posted by Ian Jackson <Ia...@trilliumsoftware.com>.
If you using HDFS on 2.2, you could use a nfs. More recent versions of  Windows include an NFS client. The exclamation mark is used to refer to the root directory of HDFS. For example:
     net use * \\hostname_or_ip\<file:///\\hostname_or_ip\>!
The downside of using the NFS gateway, is that you may only use NFS for communicating with Hadoop and not any of the real directories.
Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanks, Marco,

the example you showed still operate on file, not filestream.

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanks, Marco,

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanks, Marco,

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.
thanks, Marco,

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.
Does this help?

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.
Does this help?

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.
Does this help?

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.
Does this help?

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
You can try using WebHDFS.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Writing to remote HDFS using C# on Windows

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
You can try using WebHDFS.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Writing to remote HDFS using C# on Windows

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
You can try using WebHDFS.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Writing to remote HDFS using C# on Windows

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
You can try using WebHDFS.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE