Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Pilgrim, Peter" <pe...@lloydsbanking.com> on 2009/09/04 16:19:28 UTC

RE: maven-compiler-plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Thanks Mick

That was the correct answer

--
Peter Pilgrim | E-Channel Services Technical Lead, Products & Markets
Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Corporate Markets, 10 Gresham Street, London, EC2V

Of
> [...]
>
> <project name="FedEx Ground ${project.version}">
>     <bannerRight>
>         <src>http://baselogic.com/images/blinc-maven.png</src>
>         <href>http://baselogic.com</href>
>     </bannerRight>
>
>     <poweredBy>
>         <logo name="BLiNC" href="http://baselogic.com/"
>               img="http://baselogic.com/images/pb-blinc-maven.png"/>
>     </poweredBy>
>
>     <publishDate format="dd MMM yyyy"/>
>     *<skin>
>         <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
>         <artifactId>maven-skin</artifactId>
>         <version>1.1</version>
>     </skin>*

> ---
> Thank You...
>
> Mick Knutson, President
>
> BASE Logic, Inc.
> Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
> p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
> f. (415) 685-4233
>
> Website: http://baselogic.com
> Linked IN: http://linkedin.com/in/mickknutson
> Vacation Rental: http://tahoe.baselogic.com
> ---
>

> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:19 AM, Pilgrim, Peter <
> peter.pilgrim@lloydsbanking.com> wrote:
>
> > Partially solved the problem
> >
> > I building an internal repository behind the firewall and therefore
the
> > artefacts in the POM must be explicitly versioned. I had to add an
> > explicit version into the POM build and report sections.
> >
> > Now I have a different error, where the maven-site-plugin attempts
> > find the skin.
> >

> > [INFO]

> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]

> > [INFO] SiteToolException: ArtifactNotFoundException: The skin does
not
> > exist: Unable to determine the release version
> >
> > Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
> >
> > Then, install it using the command:
> >    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.skins
> > -DartifactId=maven-default-skin -Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar
> > -Dfile=/path/to/file
> >
> > Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file
> > there:
> >    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.skins
> > -DartifactId=maven-default-skin -Dversion=RELEASE -Dpackaging=jar
> > -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
> >

> >  org.apache.maven.skins:maven-default-skin:jar:RELEASE
> >

> > How do I specify the skins in the POM file?
> >
> > How do INTERNAL REPOSITORY MAINTAINERS solve this problem of the
version
> > being the latest release of X?
> >

> > --
> > Peter Pilgrim | E-Channel Services Technical Lead, Products &
Markets
> > Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Corporate Markets, 10 Gresham Street, London,
EC2V
> > 7AE, UK
> > ' +44 (0)207 158 6135 | ( +44 (0)1234 567 8901

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyReportPlugin(D
> > > efaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1651)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReportExecutions(
> > > DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:928)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReportExecutions(
> > > DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:904)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Default
> > > LifecycleExecutor.java:599)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoa
> > > l(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:569)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
> > > ifecycleExecutor.java:539)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
> > > Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
> > > DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
> > > ycleExecutor.java:180)
> > >
> > >         at
> > > org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
> > >
> > >         at
> > org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
> > >
> > >         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:362)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)

> > >         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)

> > >         at

> > > a:39)
> > >
> > >         at

> > > Impl.java:25)
> > >
> > >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> > >
> > >         at

> > >         at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)

> > >         at

> > >         at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)

> > > Caused by:
> > > org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException:
The
> > > plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin' does not
exist
> > > or no valid version could be found
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePlugi
> > > nVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:229)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolveRepor
> > > tPluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:98)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyReportPlugin(DefaultP
> > > luginManager.java:599)
> > >
> > >         at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyReportPlugin(D
> > > efaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1622)
> > >
> > >         ... 20 more
> > >
> > > [INFO]

> > > [INFO] Total time: 1 second
> > >
> > > [INFO] Finished at: Thu Sep 03 13:02:58 BST 2009
> > >
> > > [INFO] Final Memory: 3M/17M
> > >
> > > [INFO]

> > > I verified that maven-compiler-plugin does exist in the shared
> > internal
> > > repository. In the ROOT pom.xml, I even set the version of the
plugin.

> > >             <reporting>
> > >
> > >                         <plugins>
> > >
> > >                                     <plugin>
> > >

> > > <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> > >

> > > <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> > >
> > >                                                 <configuration>
> > >

> > > <source>1.6</source>
> > >

> > > <target>1.6</target>
> > >

> > > <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
> > >
> > >                                                 </configuration>
> > >
> > >                                     </plugin>
> > >

> > > So what gives?
> > >

> > > TIA
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Peter Pilgrim | E-Channel Services Technical Lead, Products &
Markets

> > > Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Corporate Markets, 10 Gresham Street, London,
> > EC2V
> > > 7AE, UK
> > >
> > > ' +44 (0)207 158 6135 | ( +44 (0)1234 567 8901
> > >
> > > * peter.pilgrim@lloydstsb.co.uk
> > >
> > > * www.lloydstsbcorporatemarkets.com
> > > <http://www.lloydstsbcorporatemarkets.com/>
> > >

> > > This e-mail is private and confidential and may contain privileged
> > > material. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the
> > > sender and delete it immediately. You must not copy, distribute,
> > disclose
> > > or use any of the information in it or any attachments.
> > >
> > > Lloyds TSB Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London
EC2V
> > > 7HN. Registered in England and Wales, number 2065. Telephone: 020
7626
> > > 1500.
> > >
> > > Lloyds TSB Scotland plc. Registered Office: Henry Duncan House,
120
> > George
> > > Street, Edinburgh EH2 4LH. Registered in Scotland, number 95237.
> > > Telephone: 0131 225 4555.
> > >
> > > Cheltenham & Gloucester plc. Registered Office: Barnett Way,
> > Gloucester
> > > GL4 3RL. Registered in England and Wales, number 2299428.
Telephone:
> > 01452
> > > 372372.
> > >
> > > Cheltenham & Gloucester Savings is a division of Lloyds TSB Bank
plc.
> > > Lloyds TSB Bank plc, Lloyds TSB Scotland plc and Cheltenham &
> > Gloucester
> > > plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.

> > > Lloyds Banking Group plc. Registered Office: Henry Duncan House,
120
> > > George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4LH. Registered in Scotland, number
> > 95000.
> > > Telephone: 0131 225 4555.
> > >
> > > Lloyds Banking Group plc is a signatory to the Banking Codes.
> > >
> > > Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.

> > > This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.