Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/10 10:49:14 UTC

Nuvem status (Was: Preparing for August report)

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nuvem seems adequately described. The report comment about small size
> and slow growth seems accurate, but there's at least an active mentor
> in the house and some things are happening.

Thanks for the review!

That puts Nuvem in the "Low activity" category for the third quarter
since we started recording such things. And there was just a single
commit to Nuvem since their last report in May. And they recently hit
two years in incubation.

Thus I'm worried about Nuvem's prospects going forward. It would be
very good to see the community to come up with a more concrete plan
just "increase the number of active committers" for how to proceed
towards graduation. See the earlier discussions on general@ about
community growth for some ideas on what such a plan could contain.

If the project doesn't start showing signs of increased activity I
think we'll need to look at alternative exit paths from the Incubator.
Is there another TLP that might want to take over the codebase and the
small Nuvem community? For example, it seems like Nuvem's scope
overlaps a lot with that of Deltacloud. Or as a last resort we'll need
to consider retiring the project.

BR,

Jukka Zitting