Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by juliocest <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/10 13:31:43 UTC

Use GZIP on Client and Server Code

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to use GZIP both on server and client
code, with Axis2.
I know that in client side we can use,

        options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_ACCEPT_GZIP, Boolean.TRUE);
        options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.MC_GZIP_REQUEST, Boolean.TRUE);

in order to set gizp compression.

For example, I have a client sending soap requests to a service with
calculate big fatorial numbers. My response could be large and I want that
my server side code zip soap responses to send back to my client.

How can I set gzip compression on server side?

Thanks.

Julio

Re: Use GZIP on Client and Server Code

Posted by Rob Moore <gm...@xoxy.net>.
Davanum Srinivas <davanum <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If the server gets a gzip request, it automatically sends back gzipped
response (if it doesn't it's a bug)

I'm attempting this scenario and not seeing the behavior described. That is, I'm
sending a compressed request and receiving an uncompressed response.

Request:

POST http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Version.VersionHttpSoap12Endpoint/
HTTP/1.1

Response:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 19:54:27 GMT

I'm running the Axis2 WAR inside of Tomcat 7 and realize I could use Tomcat to
compress the response. However, I'm in an environment where changing the Tomcat
configuration is problematic so I need for this compression within Axis2 to
perform the compression.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Use GZIP on Client and Server Code