Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Francisco Borges <fr...@x-hive.com> on 2007/07/12 18:49:50 UTC

NullPointerException during deployment

Hello,

I can already run this sample application under Geronimo2.0, but I can't
deploy my unittests.

The only difference (I can think of) between the deployment of the sample
with the Unittests is that in the later I deploy 3 beans instead of 1.

The error I get is this:

INFO  [DirectoryHotDeployer] Deploying unittests.jar
INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb BeanManagedTransactionBean:
EjbDeployment(deployment-id=Unittests/BeanManagedTransactionBean,
container-id=null)
INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb ContainerManagedTransactionBean:
EjbDeployment(deployment-id=Unittests/ContainerManagedTransactionBean,
container-id=null)
INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb NonManagedTransactionBean:
EjbDeployment(deployment-id=Unittests/NonManagedTransactionBean,
container-id=null)
[Deployer] Deployment failed due to
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.getMethodInfo(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java:404)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.getMethodInfos(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java:391)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.initMethodTransactions(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java:306)

Note that the last part (from [Deployer]) is repeated for every bean.

The error seems to be caused by line 401 by the call to:
"ejbds.get(method.getEjbName())"

org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.getMethodInfo(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java)
=======
 private MethodInfo getMethodInfo(Method method, Map ejbds) {
        MethodInfo methodInfo = new MethodInfo();

        EjbDeployment d = (EjbDeployment) ejbds.get(method.getEjbName());

        methodInfo.description = method.getDescription();
        methodInfo.ejbDeploymentId = d.getDeploymentId();
========

An identical file (appart from xml namespaces) runs perfectly under
Geronimo1.2.... So once again, I am puzzled....

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Cheers,
--
Francisco Borges

Re: NullPointerException during deployment

Posted by Francisco Borges <fr...@x-hive.com>.
On Thursday 12 July 2007, Francisco Borges wrote:

> [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
> java.lang.NullPointerException

For the record, after I included all EJBs in the assembly-descriptor this
problem went away (not all of them are container managed so...).

I thought this was a regression on this Bug from Geronimo1.0 (where you
would get a NullPointerException when the assembly descriptor was
missing) but later I could not reproduce the error. I can only assume,
that it was something wrong being set to a particular state, which was
being preserved despite restarting the server.

Cheers,
--
Francisco Borges