Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Cor Hofman <Co...@teydo.com> on 2004/11/03 13:34:06 UTC

Use of multiple client certificates in axis client

Hi,

I have to send several AXIS-SOAP request via SSL using different client certificates.
The certificate of choice depends on the web service I am targeting.

How do I do this?

The easy solution seems to be, create several keystores each containing a specific client certificate.
Then as I know which webservice to target specify the correct certificate by assigning the corresponding
keystore to some System propertie so that SSL automatically picks up the client certificate.

However since I can ship several SOAP requests concurrently this does not seem a proper way to
do things, since a System property is a global resource. Hence I can never be sure that the System
property still has the desired value at the time one of the SSL connections is being set up.
So I need some way to associate the client certificate to a specific request itself.

How do I do this using Axis 1.1

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Regards,

	Cor.