Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nils Meier <nm...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2005/12/08 03:27:39 UTC

System.err & System.out

Hi

there's still places in the code where System.err and System.out is
used but I assume they will replaced with logging calls eventually?

Thanks
Nils

System.err:
CommandLineLogger.java
TTFFile.java (2 matches)
PreviewDialog.java
RtfFile.java (3 matches)
FileCompare.java (3 matches)
SerializeHyphPattern.java (4 matches)

Re: System.err & System.out

Posted by Nils Meier <nm...@users.sourceforge.net>.
Hi Jeremias

> You sound as if using a System.out/err is a sacrilege.

sorry, you're right - I should have checked the code
whether the System.err/out make sense where left.

Let me get back to you on that

Thanks
Nils

Re: System.err & System.out

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
You sound as if using a System.out/err is a sacrilege. Did you actually
look at the places where these calls are used? Last time this subject
was brought up I went through the whole codebase and did the cleaning up.
What remains are perfectly legal uses of System.out/err.

On 08.12.2005 03:27:39 Nils Meier wrote:
> Hi
>
> there's still places in the code where System.err and System.out is
> used but I assume they will replaced with logging calls eventually?
>
> Thanks
> Nils
>

> System.err:
> CommandLineLogger.java