Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 03:17:18 UTC

checksums: new warnings

Hyrum,

I just noticed this in the compilation output recently:

subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_ops.c: In function 'process_committed_leaf':
subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_ops.c:358: warning: assignment discards
qualifiers from pointer target type

Looks like one of the patterns of your updates is creating new warnings.

In this particular case, it seems that the correct answer is to
further propagate the checksum out from process_committed_leaf(). That
is, have the function take an svn_checksum_t rather than a bare
digest.

Anyways... I wanted to hilite the issue in case you hadn't seen it.

Cheers,
-g

Re: checksums: new warnings

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Greg Stein wrote:
> Hyrum,
>
> I just noticed this in the compilation output recently:
>
> subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_ops.c: In function 'process_committed_leaf':
> subversion/libsvn_wc/adm_ops.c:358: warning: assignment discards
> qualifiers from pointer target type
>
> Looks like one of the patterns of your updates is creating new warnings.
>
> In this particular case, it seems that the correct answer is to
> further propagate the checksum out from process_committed_leaf(). That
> is, have the function take an svn_checksum_t rather than a bare
> digest.
>
> Anyways... I wanted to hilite the issue in case you hadn't seen it.

Thanks.  Hopefully this warning was easier to find as the number of deprecation
warnings has decreased.

In any case, r33379.

-Hyrum