Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by hg...@cswebmail.com on 2003/03/24 17:25:53 UTC

XSLT does not maintain
'format' tags in XML??

Dear all,

I have a quite long text in an XML tag <description>
with some in-line <br /> tags to format it (the text
containing these tags was created by an HTML mask after
a user input into it[in fact the php script that is
processing the mask is replacing CR/LF with <br />])

However after XSL transformation, the HTML result
doesn't contain the tags [in fact the HTML source text
has the <br /> replaced with CR/LF which is of course
not useful !!].

What's wrong with it ??

Cheers,
Holger

XML
.
.
.
<dc:description>COPD is a ...range of disease
characteristics including:
- improvement of FEV1,
- improvement of symptoms, ...</dc:description>
.
.
.

XSL
.
.
.
<I><font color="#00CC00">Description = </font></I><br/>
select="//dc:description"/></font>
.
.
.

HTML (as it displays in the browser)
.
.
.
Description =
COPD is a ...range of disease characteristics
including: - improvement of FEV1, - improvement of
symptoms,
.
.
.

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!

Re: XSLT does not maintain
'format' tags in XML??

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hmm, XML, PHP, CR/LF, <br/> - it seems a bit poor designed. Why aren't you
doing the replacing in XSLT?

But at least the solution should be to change

<xsl:value-of select="//dc:description"/>

<xsl:copy-of select="//dc:description"/>.

Regards,

Joerg

--

System Development