Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Roytman, Alex" <ro...@peacetech.com> on 2001/08/14 02:59:39 UTC

Encoding "=". Catalina does not understand http parameter with un-encoded equal sign inside param value

Hello

Catalina does not understand http parameter with un-encoded equal sign
inside
i.e. myparam=fname='alex';lname='roytman'
It use to work in Tomcat 3.x and I wonder if equal sign in parameter
value has to be encoded according to specs or not

Re: Encoding "=". Catalina does not understand http parameter with un-encoded equal sign inside param value

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Roytman, Alex wrote:

> Hello
>
> Catalina does not understand http parameter with un-encoded equal sign
> inside
> i.e. myparam=fname='alex';lname='roytman'
> It use to work in Tomcat 3.x and I wonder if equal sign in parameter
> value has to be encoded according to specs or not

Yep ... both equal signs and ampersandes must be encoded.  For Tomcat 3.x,
you were just lucky, I guess.

Craig