Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/20 11:58:58 UTC

Re: Wookie integration committed

On 20 Oct 2011, at 10:46, Ate Douma wrote:

> On 10/20/2011 11:31 AM, Scott Wilson wrote:
>>
>> On 20 Oct 2011, at 10:11, Jasha Joachimsthal wrote:
>>
>>> On 20 October 2011 03:41, Ross Gardler<rg...@opendirective.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Currently the location of the Wookie is hard coded to a test server
>>>>

>>> We bundle Shindig with Rave to let all the OpenSocial gadgets work. In
>>> theory you can use an external OpenSocial compliant server. Can't we bundle
>>> a Wookie instance with Rave?
>>>

>> That should be possible - all we need is the WAR and a Rave local.widgetserver.properties file in Tomcat conf to override any defaults (e.g. virtual host settings).
> Is deploying/pushing the Wookie WAR artifact planned for the 0.9.1 release, like with the Wookie Java connector?
> That would making the integration almost trivial to do...

I would have thought so.

@Paul: can we publish the WAR artifact in the repo as well as the connector/parser jars?

Posted by Paul Sharples <p....@bolton.ac.uk>.
On 20/10/2011 11:07, Paul Sharples wrote:
> On 20/10/2011 10:58, Scott Wilson wrote:

>>> Is deploying/pushing the Wookie WAR artifact planned for the 0.9.1
>>> release, like with the Wookie Java connector?
>>> That would making the integration almost trivial to do...
>> I would have thought so.
>>
>> @Paul: can we publish the WAR artifact in the repo as well as the
>> connector/parser jars?
>
> I think so, let me experiment in the 0.9.1 (which i'm building from) &
> I'll report back.
>
> Paul

Well that took me a lot longer than I anticipated. :-)
Anyhow, If you take a look at the snapshot repo for wookie... (just as a
heads up)

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/wookie/

You'll see another module "wookie", under which are the WAR maven
artifacts.
The WAR itself is a preconfigured version of wookie designed to work
with tomcat & mysql out of the box. (just like the WAR release we
already make during our build process)

Also see...

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wookie/trunk/etc/release/war/WAR_BUILD_NOTES

For all the other setup tasks that need to be done.

Wookie 0.9.1 final hopefully coming soon.

Paul

Posted by Paul Sharples <p....@bolton.ac.uk>.