Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/09 01:35:50 UTC

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Hi Ed,

Just wanted to confirm if the bugs listed there in the project link are the
only ones that should be fixed before uploading on PlayStore or do you also
mean the already listed issues as well?

I'm just asking this so that the high priority bugs may be worked upon
first if they can be labelled so. Also, I've been using it and have come
across a few more that (I think) should be fixed before deployment. I'll
open issues for them in a day or two after discussion.

Thanks

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:

> Hello Mifos and Apache Fineract dev community,
>
> We would like to release the latest and great version of our Android App
> for field officers. All of the work done by our Outreachy interns and all
> of the work led by Rajan has still yet to be publicly shipped to the Google
> Play store.
>
> We have a few remaining show-stopping bugs listed under To Do at
> https://github.com/openMF/android-client/projects/1 that we must fix
> before shipping.
>
> This is a call to action for an Android developers to help with these
> remaining bugs.
>
> The latest APK can be built and access from the GitHub repo.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed
>
> --
> *Ed Cable*
> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
> <+1%20484-477-8649>

Tarun Mudgal
University of Delhi

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Let me test that out too.

Posted by Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>.
That's strange since I couldn't get it to work for the last several times.
Anyway, the priority should be to fix the app crash on setting center
visiting date then.

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 2:35 AM, Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:

> I"m able to do this all fine on the Android app accessing the demo3
> instance.
>
> Ed
>
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 12:19 AM, Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Default value for the parameter 'Client Classification' field is set to
>> zero.
>>
>> Apologies for the mistake.
>>
>> I'll revert back after confirming this.
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Ed,
>>>
>>> Yes, in the webapp, only three fields - Office, FirstName and the
>>> Lastname - are mandatory.
>>>
>>> I'll see to it and will let you know what is the exact cause of
>>> the error, maybe the default parameter (as the user can't set the value for
>>> it) is set to 0 and while posting the query it's failing the validation.
>>>
>>> Please check the android app once. It'll make it clear what I'm trying
>>> to convey.
>>>
>>> And it's my pleasure to contribute to the organisation. :)
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Tarun Mudgal
>>> University of Delhi
>>>

>> --
>> Tarun Mudgal
>> University of Delhi

> *Ed Cable*
> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
> <+1%20484-477-8649>

Tarun Mudgal
University of Delhi

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.

wrote:

> Default value for the parameter 'Client Classification' field is set to
> zero.
>
> Apologies for the mistake.
>
> I'll revert back after confirming this.
>
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ed,
>>
>> Yes, in the webapp, only three fields - Office, FirstName and the
>> Lastname - are mandatory.
>>
>> I'll see to it and will let you know what is the exact cause of
>> the error, maybe the default parameter (as the user can't set the value for
>> it) is set to 0 and while posting the query it's failing the validation.
>>
>> Please check the android app once. It'll make it clear what I'm trying to
>> convey.
>>
>> And it's my pleasure to contribute to the organisation. :)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 2:52 AM, Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tarun,
>>>
>>> Thanks for you continued QA.
>>>
>>> I can't replicate the first issue on https://demo3.openmf.org (Issue
>>> #433 <https://github.com/openMF/android-client/issues/433>)
>>>
>>> Once you make sure there are dropdown values created under Manage Codes
>>> for client classification, you should get values to select and be able to
>>> submit an application.
>>>
>>> Ed

>>> --
>>> *Ed Cable*
>>> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
>>> edcable@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649
>>>
>>> *Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | *http://mifos.org
>>> <http://facebook.com/mifos>  <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

>> --
>> Tarun Mudgal
>> University of Delhi
>>

> --
> Tarun Mudgal
> University of Delhi

*Ed Cable*

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Posted by Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>.

--
Tarun Mudgal
University of Delhi

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Posted by Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ed,

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi Tarun,

wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
> I made the issues on Github:
>
>    - Can't create client - Issue #433
>    <https://github.com/openMF/android-client/issues/433>
>    - App crashes on selecting visiting date to center - Issue #435
>    <https://github.com/openMF/android-client/issues/435>
>    - ActionBar hindered behind StatusBar. - Issue #434
>    <https://github.com/openMF/android-client/issues/434>
>
> I think, at least the first two should be solved before the deployment.
> Please let us know the priorities of the tasks so that they can be worked
> upon accordingly. :)
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:
>
>> Tarun,
>>
>> Those were a few that I thought were show-stopping. Can you please share
>> the issues you also feel should be fixed and I'll move to that ToDo List.
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ed,
>>>
>>> Just wanted to confirm if the bugs listed there in the project link are
>>> the only ones that should be fixed before uploading on PlayStore or do you
>>> also mean the already listed issues as well?
>>>
>>> I'm just asking this so that the high priority bugs may be worked upon
>>> first if they can be labelled so. Also, I've been using it and have come
>>> across a few more that (I think) should be fixed before deployment. I'll
>>> open issues for them in a day or two after discussion.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Tarun Mudgal
>>> University of Delhi

>> --
>> *Ed Cable*
>> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
>> edcable@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649
>> <+1%20484-477-8649>
>>
>> *Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | *http://mifos.org
>> <http://facebook.com/mifos>  <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

> Tarun Mudgal
> University of Delhi

*Ed Cable*

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Posted by Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>.
Sure, Ed! I'll keep that in mind from now on.

I've sent PR for the #403 fix. Rajan, please have a look.

I'm on #405 in which the default values are to be shown. I hope to finish
it soon.
Thanks

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Tarun,

Posted by Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ed,

Posted by Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>.
Ed,

> [...]

>>>    <https://github.com/openMF/android-client/issues/434>
>>>
>>> I think, at least the first two should be solved before the deployment.
>>> Please let us know the priorities of the tasks so that they can be
>>> worked upon accordingly. :)
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Tarun Mudgal
>>> University of Delhi

>> --
>> *Thanks*
>> *Namaste*
>>
>> Rajan Maurya
>> Contact Number : +91 9015090523
>> Github : https://github.com/therajanmaurya
>> College : Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi
>> Student : B.Tech. (Information Technology & Mathematical Innovations)
>>

> --
> *Ed Cable*
> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative

Tarun Mudgal
University of Delhi

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.

Posted by Rajan Maurya <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
> [...]

>>> before shipping.
>>>
>>> This is a call to action for an Android developers to help with these
>>> remaining bugs.
>>>
>>> The latest APK can be built and access from the GitHub repo.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Ed
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Ed Cable*
>>> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
>>> edcable@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649
>>> <+1%20484-477-8649>
>>>
>>> *Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | *http://mifos.org
>>> <http://facebook.com/mifos>  <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

>> --
>> Tarun Mudgal
>> University of Delhi

> *Ed Cable*
> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative

Tarun Mudgal
University of Delhi

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Posted by Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,

I made the issues on Github:

   - Can't create client - Issue #433
   <https://github.com/openMF/android-client/issues/433>
   - App crashes on selecting visiting date to center - Issue #435
   <https://github.com/openMF/android-client/issues/435>
   - ActionBar hindered behind StatusBar. - Issue #434
   <https://github.com/openMF/android-client/issues/434>

I think, at least the first two should be solved before the deployment.
Please let us know the priorities of the tasks so that they can be worked
upon accordingly. :)

Thanks

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:

> Tarun,
>
> Those were a few that I thought were show-stopping. Can you please share
> the issues you also feel should be fixed and I'll move to that ToDo List.
>
> Ed
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Tarun Mudgal <ta...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ed,
>>
>> Just wanted to confirm if the bugs listed there in the project link are
>> the only ones that should be fixed before uploading on PlayStore or do you
>> also mean the already listed issues as well?
>>
>> I'm just asking this so that the high priority bugs may be worked upon
>> first if they can be labelled so. Also, I've been using it and have come
>> across a few more that (I think) should be fixed before deployment. I'll
>> open issues for them in a day or two after discussion.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Mifos and Apache Fineract dev community,
>>>
>>> We would like to release the latest and great version of our Android App
>>> for field officers. All of the work done by our Outreachy interns and all
>>> of the work led by Rajan has still yet to be publicly shipped to the Google
>>> Play store.
>>>
>>> We have a few remaining show-stopping bugs listed under To Do at
>>> https://github.com/openMF/android-client/projects/1 that we must fix
>>> before shipping.
>>>
>>> This is a call to action for an Android developers to help with these
>>> remaining bugs.
>>>
>>> The latest APK can be built and access from the GitHub repo.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Ed
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Ed Cable*
>>> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
>>> edcable@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649
>>> <+1%20484-477-8649>
>>>
>>> *Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | *http://mifos.org
>>> <http://facebook.com/mifos>  <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

>> --
>> Tarun Mudgal
>> University of Delhi

> *Ed Cable*
> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
> <+1%20484-477-8649>

Tarun Mudgal
University of Delhi

Re: [Mifos-developer] VOLUNTEER REQUEST: Fix remaining bugs blocking release of Mifos Android Field Operations App

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Tarun,

wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
> Just wanted to confirm if the bugs listed there in the project link are
> the only ones that should be fixed before uploading on PlayStore or do you
> also mean the already listed issues as well?
>
> I'm just asking this so that the high priority bugs may be worked upon
> first if they can be labelled so. Also, I've been using it and have come
> across a few more that (I think) should be fixed before deployment. I'll
> open issues for them in a day or two after discussion.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:35 PM, Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello Mifos and Apache Fineract dev community,
>>
>> We would like to release the latest and great version of our Android App
>> for field officers. All of the work done by our Outreachy interns and all
>> of the work led by Rajan has still yet to be publicly shipped to the Google
>> Play store.
>>
>> We have a few remaining show-stopping bugs listed under To Do at
>> https://github.com/openMF/android-client/projects/1 that we must fix
>> before shipping.
>>
>> This is a call to action for an Android developers to help with these
>> remaining bugs.
>>
>> The latest APK can be built and access from the GitHub repo.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> --
>> *Ed Cable*
>> Director of Community Programs, Mifos Initiative
>> edcable@mifos.org | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649
>> <+1%20484-477-8649>
>>
>> *Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | *http://mifos.org
>> <http://facebook.com/mifos>  <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>