Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Britton <Ch...@pwgsc.gc.ca> on 2003/05/23 19:50:28 UTC

Bad mime types on Tomcat 3.3 on Red Hat Linux 7.02

Hi all,
I've been trying to add the Lotus Word Pro (lwp) mime type to Tomcat without succes... Everytime I download a physical LWP file from the web server, I get the HTTP CONTENT TYPE as "text/plain". I've tried the following:

1) Adding the entry "application/vnd.lotus-wordpro   lwp" in "etc/mime.types" of Red Hat
2) Adding the entry "AddType application/vnd.lotus-wordpro .lwp" in "tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf"
3) Adding the entry "<mime-mapping>
                                <extension>
                                  lwp
                                </extension>
                                <mime-type>
                                  application/vnd.lotus-wordpro
                                </mime-type>
                              </mime-mapping>" in "tomcat/conf/web.xml"

I'm all out of ideas.  :o(

Christian Britton
Analyst/Developer
CMS 2.1 Technical Development Team