Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kgsat <kg...@kssnet.co.jp> on 2003/09/25 08:28:31 UTC

Tomcat not showing the pages ----

Hi friends,

I have been developing a video download application to run in
apache2.0.46+Tomcat4.1.24 on windows 2000Server environment.

Suddenly i had the problem of tomcat not showing the pages after it started
off successfully without any error at the console.
Even after requesting the page it does not show any error or
exception.However, in catalina log it says nosuch method found and throws
exception.

The exception is as follows:
2003-09-25 13:28:23 CoyoteAdapter An exception or error occurred in the
container during the request processing
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getUserPrincipal()Ljava/security/Princ
ipal;
 at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:455)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
 at
)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
java:171)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
:174)
 at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)
 at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
 at
a:619)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

The above exception comes for each request i make to jsp page
Does any one get any idea about what went wrong with my tomcat?And what
should i do to make it run properly.
pl help!!!
thanks in advance and regards
sat