Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2017/04/04 13:46:32 UTC

Solr 6.x leaking one SolrZkClient instance per second?

Hi,

One of our nodes became berzerk after a restart, Solr went completely nuts! So i opened VisualVM to keep an eye on it and spotted a different problem that occurs in all our Solr 6.4.2 and 6.5.0 nodes.

It appears Solr is leaking one SolrZkClient instance per second via DistributedQueue$ChildWatcher. That one per second is quite accurate for all nodes, there are about the same amount of instances as there are seconds since Solr started. I know VisualVM's instance count includes objects-to-be-collected, the instance count does not drop after a forced garbed collection round.

It doesn't matter how many cores or collections the nodes carry or how heavy traffic is.

Is this a known issue? Ticket?

Thanks,
Markus

Re: Solr 6.x leaking one SolrZkClient instance per second?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Please open a Jira issue. Thanks!

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Markus Jelsma
<ma...@openindex.io> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of our nodes became berzerk after a restart, Solr went completely nuts! So i opened VisualVM to keep an eye on it and spotted a different problem that occurs in all our Solr 6.4.2 and 6.5.0 nodes.
>
> It appears Solr is leaking one SolrZkClient instance per second via DistributedQueue$ChildWatcher. That one per second is quite accurate for all nodes, there are about the same amount of instances as there are seconds since Solr started. I know VisualVM's instance count includes objects-to-be-collected, the instance count does not drop after a forced garbed collection round.
>
> It doesn't matter how many cores or collections the nodes carry or how heavy traffic is.
>
> Is this a known issue? Ticket?
>
> Thanks,
> Markus

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

RE: Solr 6.x leaking one SolrZkClient instance per second?

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Opened: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10420

Thanks,
Markus