Posted to users@camel.apache.org by MartinPhilippi <ma...@adesso.de> on 2017/05/30 07:53:53 UTC

camel-quickfix - Using the InOut MEP with multiple MsgTypes

I'm trying to build a REST interface using camel-quickfix to interact with a
FIX service. Ideally I want to send synchronous responses to the REST calls.

Following the documentation about "Using the InOut Message Exchange Pattern"
at http://camel.apache.org/quickfix.html and inspecting the
RequestReplyExample, I was able to do that, but only for one specific
MsgType.

Am I right in assuming that using the CorrelationCriteria I'm only able to
'look out' for one specific MsgType in a FIX reply message? For example, if
I send a Quote Request (MsgType R) to the FIX server, it would reply with a
Quote (MsgType S), but if anything goes wrong it could also be a Quote
Request Reject (MsgType AG). How would I be able to correlate this to the
original request message? I can't see any possibility to use some sort of
"OrPredicate" or similar. Or am I missing something here?

Re: camel-quickfix - Using the InOut MEP with multiple MsgTypes

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Sorry I am not sure so many can help here, as this component was
contributed from one of the quickfix committers. Maybe you can try to
ask on their forum.

Looking into the source code is your best best and maybe try to find
out details about quickfix and how its intended to work in your
use-case .. and whether that is possible.

You are also of course welcome to dive into the code, and see if you
can make some changes to make it work for you in a "good" way and then
contribute that to Camel
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 9:53 AM, MartinPhilippi
<ma...@adesso.de> wrote:
> I'm trying to build a REST interface using camel-quickfix to interact with a
> FIX service. Ideally I want to send synchronous responses to the REST calls.
>
> Following the documentation about "Using the InOut Message Exchange Pattern"
> at http://camel.apache.org/quickfix.html and inspecting the
> RequestReplyExample, I was able to do that, but only for one specific
> MsgType.
>
> Am I right in assuming that using the CorrelationCriteria I'm only able to
> 'look out' for one specific MsgType in a FIX reply message? For example, if
> I send a Quote Request (MsgType R) to the FIX server, it would reply with a
> Quote (MsgType S), but if anything goes wrong it could also be a Quote
> Request Reject (MsgType AG). How would I be able to correlate this to the
> original request message? I can't see any possibility to use some sort of
> "OrPredicate" or similar. Or am I missing something here?

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus