Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Garry Adkins <ga...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/01 06:57:57 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] PreShared Key (PSK) possible? Configuration?

Thanks for all the help everyone!  I discovered Antony Stone's idea after I
sent the original email, but before I saw his response.  I think he's
right, and stunnel is the way to go.  It simplifies a lot of things and
provides the network security that I'm looking for.

Here's what I'm going to test:
1) Set apache to ONLY listen to loopback (127.0.0.1)
2) Set STUNNEL up with PSK (there is even a specific example for this in
the documentation), using TLS 1.3  (There's my checkbox checked!)
3) Set STUNNEL to forward input from port *:443 to 127.0.0.1:80, refuse
connections if bad PSK

Thanks for all the suggestions.

-Garry

Garry Adkins