Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/08 23:42:10 UTC

[tomahawk] Is there any task left to make a release of tomahawk?

Hi

I want to know if anyone has any related task to be made before release
tomahawk, that could be a blocker issue.

My idea (just an opinion) is to propose this sandbox component to release:

s:xmlTemplate
s:pprPanelGroup (is this component ready? it could be good but I don't know
if there is any objection).

But I'm not very sure about the state of pprPanelGroup. All examples works
and for me it is fine.

Suggestions are welcome

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Re: [tomahawk] Is there any task left to make a release of tomahawk?

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
I will also work on http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-1122.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
yes Andrew it has, and I wish to remove it and add a simple Ajax engine
instead.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Andrew Robinson <
andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I brought it up, as I thought the plan was to not promote any dojo
> based sandbox components and then make a new subproject for them.

Yes, that is the plan, but ask does not harm ;-) and help to identify what
is missing.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
It uses also Dojo XML as well.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
Hi Leonardo,

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Mario Ivankovits schrieb:
> Hi!
>> Mario, Could you please open jira issues on the defects you found
>> during your work with
>> <s:pprPanelGroup>.
> The problems I had previously were:
>
> 1) Sometimes ppr simply stopps working, a full page refresh will happen.
> Don't know how to reproduce it. Probably you could simply ignore that
> issue.
> 2) You need a way how to send the component h:messages together with the
> ppr response. In a4j you could wrap any component. These component are
> then fetched with ANY ajax request.
> This makes it VERY easy to have ajax submit by still being able to show
> the messages, even if a custom messagesRenderer is used (like we have
> here).
> 3) Support setting a new ViewRoot from within an ajax request. a4j also
> supports that. The ajax response will then be (I think aborted) and a
> full page refresh will happen. But hey, it was really cool once I
> discovered that this works at all.
>
> More generally I have to say I find it way more harder to define all the
> client-side id's where the ppr should trigger than to simply setup a
> reRender attribute on any commandLink/commandButton.
> We found it much more natural to work that way then to configure
> triggerPatterns.
>
> a4j also provides an easy way to have a status icon somewhere on the
> page which will appear on ajax-req-start and disappear (or whatever,
> just configure the facets) on ajax-req-stop.
>
> The main question is, what is the target of our pprPanelGroup. If it is
> to be as comfortable as the other ppr implementations I think it needs
> much more work.

The main incentive was afair to get a ppr mechanism into tomahawk, it
started as a gsoc project, ajax4jsf was back in those days semi usable.
Have in mind since then a lot has happend Sergeij took over the a4j code
and made it working and Trinidad then merged into myfaces having its own
mechanism, and the Trinidad people added ajax to their iframe transport
layer.

I am not sure if it really makes sense to get our ppr promoted
(That is Ernstl Fastls job to decide, he made the component and he still
maintains it)
maybe it makes more sense to extrapolate the Trinidad ppr or add another
existing mechanism.

Re: [tomahawk] Is there any task left to make a release of tomahawk?

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
I would like to know Ernst's opinion at these scenarios so that we can know
if fixing these defects will be expensive or not (To decide whether to
promote this component or not).

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.