Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2017/09/15 12:48:55 UTC

README and Blog

Hi all,

Added the start of a README to the repo, visible here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans

And wrote a first blog:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/2017/09/15/Status%3A+NetBeans+in+Apache

I believe everyone who is a committer is free to write blogs.

Do the blogs get aggregated somewhere? How do we pass on info to higher
level Apache blogs and announcement pages, and so on?

Thanks,

Gj

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Great tip, thanks.

Related to this, is there a place where general Apache announcements are
done, e.g., announcements about upcoming events, which is where we could
announce things like NetBeans meetups and milestones such as the fact that
the 1st NetBeans code donation is now in Apache Git?

Gj

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 2:10 AM, Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org> wrote:
>...I imagine we can learn more here https://roller.apache.org
> and figure out how to improve the experience...

And if you want to contribute whatever's needed to make
blogs.apache.org look better on all devices that would be fantastic -
all blogs hosted there would benefit from that.

You might also ask infrastructure how you can help,
https://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact

-Bertrand

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
On Sep 30, 2017 12:55 PM, "Emilian Bold" <em...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah, Confluence isn't very mobile friendly.

The blogware isn't Confluence. It is Apache Roller; the login page pointed
it out for me. I imagine we can learn more here https://roller.apache.org
and figure out how to improve the experience.

Thanks

Wade

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
And everything from blogs.apache.org/netbeans is aggregated at
blogs.apache.org, so that all other Apache projects can see what's going on
with Apache NetBeans (incubating).

Gj

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Done.

Gj

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Tushar Joshi <tu...@gmail.com>.

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org>.
On Sep 30, 2017 5:34 PM, "Geertjan Wielenga" <
geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:

Login there, i.e., create a user and password, tell me what your user name
is and I can give you permission access to https://blogs.apache.org/netbeans

Done. My Roller user name is "wadechandler". By the way, to do this, you
first just login with your main Apache ID; an FYI for others.

Thanks

Wade

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

.

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: README and Blog

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org
> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
> <ge...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >... Do the blogs get aggregated somewhere?...
>
> NetBeans can get a real blog at
> https://www.apache.org/dev/project-blogs, that's probably better than
> wiki pages.
>
> -Bertrand

OK, requested a new blog and put myself and Emilian (who has been writing
articles recently about his YaMeter project on top of Apache NetBeans
incubating at jaxenter.com/netbeans recently). I'm sure others will want
and get access once it's all up and running:

Gj

Re: README and Blog

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.