Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ravi <ra...@intellinet.de> on 2018/03/02 12:43:41 UTC

Wicket in a wildfly cluster

Hi all,

we have the following scenario;

Our single-page application is a 100% used for application forms and makes
heavy use of ajax calls (validation, visibility, etc).
There might even be an ajax call for every blur on an input field.

We're trying to put this application in a wildfly cluster that replicates
the session & pagestore through infinispan.

It seemes that the pagestore is not replicated fast enough(?), so that we
get a ComponentNotFoundException.

After playing around with the wicket/infinispan configuration our setup
looks like this:

Wicket:
- HttpSessionDataStore
- getStoreSettings().setAsynchronous(false);
- getStoreSettings().setInmemoryCacheSize(0);
-
getRequestCycleSettings().setRenderStrategy(RenderStrategy.ONE_PASS_RENDER);

JBoss:
- cluster mode (ha profile)

Infinispan
- Distributed cache with default config

Although this configuration seems to work now and then, it still breaks
quite often and is very fragile.
Since no one here has a lot experience with clustering, maybe someone here
has any theoretical/practical experience and is willing to share :)

Needles to say that we googled the web and forum ;)

Thank you,

Ravi

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: Wicket in a wildfly cluster

Posted by sh...@gmail.com.
Dear Ravi

Please let me know the loading test result, cause I built identity provider with this cluster mode, and I have to check whether it exists the same problems.

Thanks

Posted by Ravi <ra...@intellinet.de>.
Hi Shengche,

sorry for the late reply. The replication as such is working. We do run into
what seems to be a timing factor.

On a very small scale it works now with the pagestore on a shared
filesystem. We'll do some loadtesting within the next days.

-Ravi

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: Wicket in a wildfly cluster

Posted by sh...@gmail.com.
Ravi

Another question, does your apache https using mod_cluster package from jboss ?

Or have you check the replication packets working status via port 6666?

Posted by Ravi <ra...@intellinet.de>.
Hi,

wildfly runs in domain mode with default settings for the distributed cache.

It seems that the problem is not the jboss settings but somehow the
pagestore is either not written fast enough or concurrently.

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: Wicket in a wildfly cluster

Posted by sh...@gmail.com.
Hello

Dose your wildfly runs at standalone mode ? or domain mode ? any adjustment of session replicating?

I add boss-web.xml as flowing

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jboss-web xmlns="http://www.jboss.com/xml/ns/javaee"
           xsi:schemaLocation="
  http://www.jboss.com/xml/ns/javaee
  http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/schema/jboss-web_5_1.xsd">
    <context-root>/</context-root>

    <replication-config>
        <replication-trigger>SET_AND_GET</replication-trigger>
        <replication-granularity>SESSION</replication-granularity>
    </replication-config>

</jboss-web>

Posted by Bas Gooren <ba...@iswd.nl>.
Hi Ravi,

Sorry - I have no experience with "real-time" session replication.

Personally I would never attempt it, as wicket sessions can grow relatively
large and thus replication may not be instantaneous (as you are
experiencing)…

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Bas Gooren

Op 2 maart 2018 bij 14:40:50, Ravi (ravi.knox@intellinet.de) schreef:

Hi Bas,

we have an apache that balances by using a round robin (byrequest).
The application runs in an infrastructure that does not support
sticky-sessions.

So far from what we've seen both servers getting pinged withing
milliseconds. One server responds correctly. The other one throws a
ComponentNotFoundException.

But it is not deterministic, meaning it does work at times.

Ravi

Posted by Bas Gooren <ba...@iswd.nl>.
Hi Ravi,

You don’t mention what’s in front of your application servers.

Are you doing non-sticky load balancing?

Or are you having issues when the user hits the same application server?
(Which would be a different issue)

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Bas Gooren