Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves" <ru...@ptinovacao.pt> on 2004/06/30 18:35:30 UTC

xindice1.1b4 + cocoon-2.1.5 lost collections

Hi all,
I'm trying to use xmldb cocoon block. Things are ok while tomcat
is up, but after shutdown and restart tomcat, data inserted
in the database is lost. Directories structure remains in the
file system, but documents are no longer visible to Xindice.

I've already searched xindice mailing list and I found some
posts related to this problem, but none of them helps to solve
the problem.

Does anyone had a similar problem using xindice embed with
cocoon?

Many thanks.

Rui

--
Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves <ru...@ptinovacao.pt>
PT Inovação

Re: xindice1.1b4 + cocoon-2.1.5 lost collections

Posted by "Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves" <ru...@ptinovacao.pt>.
Hi, thank you all for the answers!
I'm now using eXist with cocoon and thinks are
working very well and it's really easy to configure eXist
with cocoon.  XQueryGenerator it's really powerful... :)

BTW, does anyone here know witch is the best approach to
delete a collection in eXist? It's is not possible using
XQuery (XQueryGenerator) or XMLDBTransformer (the one provided
by eXist) right?

Thanks to all.

Rui

Posted by Christian Mayrhuber <ch...@gmx.net>.
On Thursday 01 July 2004 12:24, Upayavira wrote:

> I haven't watched Xindice for a while, although even then things were
> quiet.
>
> Cocoon isn't Xindice specific. It uses the XMLDB api, which means that
> you should be able to configure it to work with Exist without too much
> trouble.

You are right, one just has to swap jar's.
The only problem that appears that exist itself comes with a stripped
down version of cocoon, which may not be the same version of used
in the development of the cocoon application, thus possibly resulting
in binary incompatibilities between the libraries, and finally requiring
a full rebuild of exist with the libraries of cocoon used in production.

--
lg, Chris

Re: xindice1.1b4 + cocoon-2.1.5 lost collections

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

Posted by Christian Mayrhuber <ch...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Timur Izhbulatov <ti...@yxo.ru>.
Upayavira wrote:

I have some problems with the _embedded_ Xindice under linux. The same
webapp works fine under w2k, but under linux XMLDB samples don't work.
When I try to populate the database with sample data, the sample succesfully
creates a collection, but resource creation fails. Moreover, after
restarting Tomcat the collection that has been created disappears.

BTW, I don't use any command line tools!

The same applies to my Cocoon application that uses XMLDB block.

It seems to me, that the problem is Tomcat and linux related but it's not a
bug in Cocoon or Xindice.

> Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm trying to use xmldb cocoon block. Things are ok while tomcat
>> is up, but after shutdown and restart tomcat, data inserted
>> in the database is lost. Directories structure remains in the
>> file system, but documents are no longer visible to Xindice.
>>
>> I've already searched xindice mailing list and I found some
>> posts related to this problem, but none of them helps to solve
>> the problem.
>>
>> Does anyone had a similar problem using xindice embed with cocoon?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
> Are you using the Xindice command line tools too? Xindice databases must
> only be accessed by one JVM at a time. Thus if you use it in servlet mode,
> that is your one JVM - everything else talks to the servlet. If however
> you use embedded mode within Cocoon, that makes Cocoon your one JVM. If
> you start accessing a database with the command line tools while Cocoon is
> running, you will find symptoms like you describe - collections that you
> added disappearing, etc.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Upayavira
>
> when in embedded mode must only

Timur

Re: xindice1.1b4 + cocoon-2.1.5 lost collections

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.