Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2012/03/23 23:22:32 UTC

Unblocked Precommit build

Recently a lot of the precommit builds haven't been triggering. I just
figured out the reason why: the Precommit-Admin build uses a saved
JIRA filter to look up the last 300 "Patch Available" tickets across
all of the projects for which the precommit bot runs. But, that filter
was set to "order by key desc" instead of "order by updated desc".
Since the ZooKeeper, MapReduce, etc projects have gotten a lot of
patch available recently, the latter half of the issues under HADOOP
fell below the paging threshold on the saved filter.

I made a new copy of the filter, ordered by updated DESC instead, and
switched over the Precommit-Admin to point to it. I triggered a new
Precommit-Admin build and it looks like it fired off a bunch of
precommits.

You should expect a bunch of precommit results in the next few hours
as it chugs through the backlog, and then back to normal.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera