Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com> on 2000/06/08 04:50:20 UTC

RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/helpers dsp5tocvs.pl cvstodsp5.pl

Ok, exactly one comment so far (Greg's), and I posted a list of advantages
and disadvantages.

Nobody feels one way or another, then?

If so (since I'm working in both trees) I'd like them in sync in terms of
working with the tree.  If you object, vote -1.  Then I will rename these
macros appropriately (dsp6tocvs.pl and cvstodsp6.pl, respectively).

If I have no objections tommorow a.m. I will commit translated .dsp's.

Revised docs on the translation will be committed in either case by Friday.

Bottom line, if you aren't working the tree, both 5.0 and 6.0 are
interchangable, except that 5.0 users would have to change the debug option
themselves (or run the .pl to do it for them) since /ZI is unknown to 5.0,
and 6.0 receives a warning that the projects are being converted to 6.0.

All in all, not big things.  Just a pain in keeping the cvs tree in sync
with one project one way, and the other project backwards.

RE: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/helpers dsp5tocvs.pl cvstodsp5.pl

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> Ok, exactly one comment so far (Greg's), and I posted a list of advantages
> and disadvantages.
>
> Nobody feels one way or another, then?
>
> If so (since I'm working in both trees) I'd like them in sync in terms of
> working with the tree.  If you object, vote -1.  Then I will rename these
> macros appropriately (dsp6tocvs.pl and cvstodsp6.pl, respectively).

+1.  I'm for the change.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131