Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Eric Northam <Er...@i4commerce.com> on 2003/07/01 20:25:59 UTC

Datasource Error

My application runs fine when a used the connection pooling provided by OJB
but when I update my repository_database.xml to use a datasource provided by
Tomcat I get the following error:

[org.apache.ojb.odmg.collections.DListImpl] ERROR: Generation of new id
failed
General error,  message from server: "Table 'test.OJB_HL_SEQ' doesn't exist"
java.sql.SQLException: General error,  message from server: "Table
'test.OJB_HL_SEQ' doesn't exist"
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1626)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:945)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:1844)
        at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1458)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingP
reparedStatement.java:177)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeQuery(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsIterator.<init>(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.RsIteratorFactoryImpl.createRsIterator(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getRsIteratorFromQuery(Unkn
own Source)

Here's an excerpt from the updated repository_database.xml

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
        jcd-alias="default"
        default-connection="true"
     platform="MySQL"
     jdbc-level="2.0"
     jndi-datasource-name="java:comp/env/jdbc/MerchantWebDB"
  eager-release="false"
        batch-mode="false"
        useAutoCommit="1"
        ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"

    <sequence-manager
className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl">
            <attribute attribute-name="grabSize" attribute-value="20"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="autoNaming" attribute-value="true"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="globalSequenceId"
attribute-value="false"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="globalSequenceStart"
attribute-value="10000"/>
        </sequence-manager>-->

I assume 'test.OJB_HL_SEQ'  implies that OJB thinks the database name is
test, however I have no idea where it's getting the database name from. Any
ideas on the cause of the error?

Eric

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail is, unless otherwise
indicated, confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named
addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information
contained therein by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to
the originator.