Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andreas Benzler <Be...@web.de> on 2007/07/09 15:14:11 UTC

checkout repo with symlinks on a samba share

Hello

I have a problem using symlinks in an repository. The symlinks are only relative symliks with a destination inside the same repository. The problem I run into is that I would like to checkout the repository inside my home directory on a Linux machine. This home directory is a mounted samba share The problem I ran into is that Subversion tries to check out the symlink before it checks out the destination of the symlink. This results in an error and stop of the checkout process, because samba does not allow to create symlinks where the destination does not exist. If you check out the repo on a local folder everything works fine, because the file system does not care if the symlink destination does exist or not. The destination willbe checked out a litle bit later after the symlink and every thing's fine. You also can checkout the repo into a local folder and then move the whole working copy the the network share without any problems...

My question is now, is there a way to manipulate the order files or symlinks are checked out Because if the symlink would get checked out after the destination, samba would not make any problems...

I am using Subversion 1.4.0-29

Andreas