Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/03/30 15:30:29 UTC

[VOTE] MyFaces Tomahawk 1.1.5

Hi all,
This is the official vote for MyFaces Tomahawk 1.1.5.
(aka "The Tomahawk Easter Release 2007 - can you find the egg?")

Please note that this vote concerns all of the following parts:
 1. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk" v1.1.5  [1]
 2. MyFaces Tomahawk Assembly  [2]
 3. MyFaces Tomahawk Examples Assembly  [2]
 4. MyFaces Tomahawk Sandbox Assembly  [2]
 5. MyFaces Tomahawk Sandbox Examples Assembly  [2]
 6. Proposed Release Announcement  [3]

Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three
+1 votes (see [4]).
I know this release is overdue but please do only cast a +1 if you
really have tested the artifacts and assemblies and not only because
you have waited so long... ;-)

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1  (I confirm that I tested this release and therefore approve it)
[ ] +0  (I have no time to test now but I look forward to this new release)
[ ] -1  (Serious concerns because...)

--Manfred

[1] http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/m2-staging-repository/
[2] http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/tomahawk-1.1.5/
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/TomahawkRelease115#releasenotes
[4] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

Re: [VOTE] MyFaces Tomahawk 1.1.5

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
+0.. let`s hunt out and search for the easter-eggs.

cheers,

Gerald

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [VOTE] MyFaces Tomahawk 1.1.5

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We've been using core 1.1.5 and latest tomahawk 1.1.5 snapshots for a month
and the app doesn't show any strange behavior.

So I'll give my +1 (non-binding).

Regards,

Cagatay

Re: [VOTE] MyFaces Tomahawk 1.1.5

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
It's a sandbox :-)

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

i'm against 'releasing' sandbox, it's just the tomahawks playground.

If we release the sandbox we also release the api, and then it's hard
to promote a component to tomahawk, or just drop it as it's currently
in discussion for the autoUpdateDatatable.

Regards,
  Volker

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
I don't know. Should we?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
FYI I have filed a new JIRA issue, TOMAHAWK-953, dealing with a broken
examples page. Unforunately, it affects both the release artifacts and
the current trunk. :(

[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-953

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
for now, +0 - please can somebody check thoroughly if impl 1.1.5 and
tomahawk 1.1.5 work really well together?

regards,

Martin

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net>.
+1

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Manfred,

there is a maven remote-resource-plugin, that helps to avoid issues like this.

-M

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
tomahawk-1.1.5.jar:

Posted by Zdeněk Sochor <zd...@ataco.cz>.
+0.5

Explanation:
working well in our apps (couldn't use 1.1.3 anymore - we use 1.1.5 in
portlets too), but many "Easter-eggs"

Zdenek

Easter eggs in Tomahawk 1.1.5 (Part 1)

package org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext

HtmlSelectOneRadio

    no escape attribute

HtmlSelectOneMenu
HtmlSelectOneList
HtmlSelectManyMenu
HtmlSelectManyList
HtmlSelectBooleanCheckbox

    escape not saved/restored

HtmlInputTextarea

    wrap not saved/restored, not EL-enabled

HtmlInputText

    autocomplete - should be removed
    (used only in ONE of AJAX-based components:
org.apache.myfaces.custom.suggestajax.tablesuggestajax.Tablesuggestajax
     (should refactor to use autoComplete from SuggestAjax))

HtmlDataTable
    newspaperColumns not EL-enabled (already JIRA issue TOMAHAWK-728)
    varDetailToggler not EL-enabled

HtmlCommandLink
    target already in superclass
(javax.faces.component.html.HtmlCommandLink)

package org.apache.myfaces.custom.calendar

HtmlInputCalendarTag
    onblur
    onchange
    onfocus
    onselect
    - already in superclass
(org.apache.myfaces.taglib.html.ext.HtmlInputTextTagHtmlInputTextTag)

HtmlInputCalendar
    popupTodayDateFormat not saved/restored

package org.apache.myfaces.custom.collapsiblepanel

HtmlCollapsiblePanelTag
    title - already in superclass
(org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.taglib.html.HtmlComponentTagBase)

- inconsistent to component (Tag superclasses assigning non-existing
attributes)

HtmlCollapsiblePanel
    style
    styleClass - not saved/restored

package org.apache.myfaces.custom.crosstable

HtmlColumns
    width - not EL-enabled

HtmlColumnsTag
    colspan - never used in component (empty implementatino), suggest
removing

package org.apache.myfaces.custom.datalist

HtmlDataList
    itemStyleClass - not stored/restored

End of Easter-eggs part 1

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
+1 if the licensing issues that Matthias Wessendorf pointed out are
corrected.

I suggest adding the following, or something similar, to the release notes:
      For RI compatibility, and adherence to the spec, itemValues can no
      longer coerce to the backing bean type.  You may get the
      validation error "Value is not a valid option." when this occurs.
      Previous versions of MyFaces/Tomahawk did coerce the itemValue to
      the type of the backing bean, so application the relied on that
      will no longer work as expected.

Thanks to Manfred for all of his work :)

Paul Spencer

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
+1 contingent on the licensing issues that Matthias Wessendorf pointed
out are corrected.  -1 otherwise.

Tested Tomahawk/Sandbox 1.1.5 against MyFaces Core 1.1.5 inside my web
app without any issues.

Re: [VOTE] MyFaces Tomahawk 1.1.5

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
+1

Tested against MyFaces Core 1.1.5 inside my web application.

Thanks Manfred for all the hard work to finally get this release done!

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.