Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Deepak Batra <de...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/04 15:09:41 UTC

Want to deploy my TDK 2.2 app to a Tomcat instance

that did not come with TDK.

I am using TDK 2.2 and wrote an application. It works fine when I run it within the Tomcat instance that came preconfigured with TDK 2.2. But if I deploy it to another instance of Tomcat 4.1, I don't see any errors in startup but I keep getting 404. I copied myapp to webapp directory of Tomcat and started it and I am accessing it by using the following url

http://localhost:8080/myapp/servlet/myapp

Firstly I was getting the login page but on submit it didn't find the action and I got 404. Now I get 404 on login page itself.

I am fairly new to Tomcat and hence this may be a simple web app deployment question. I need to get an answer quickly and hence posting it here.

Deepak

Re: Want to deploy my TDK 2.2 app to a Tomcat instance

Posted by Michal Frackowiak <mi...@fotoforum.pl>.
Deepak Batra wrote:

>that did not come with TDK.
>
>I am using TDK 2.2 and wrote an application. It works fine when I run it within the Tomcat instance that came preconfigured with TDK 2.2. But if I deploy it to another instance of Tomcat 4.1, I don't see any errors in startup but I keep getting 404. I copied myapp to webapp directory of Tomcat and started it and I am accessing it by using the following url
>
>http://localhost:8080/myapp/servlet/myapp
>
>Firstly I was getting the login page but on submit it didn't find the action and I got 404. Now I get 404 on login page itself.
>
>I am fairly new to Tomcat and hence this may be a simple web app deployment question. I need to get an answer quickly and hence posting it here.
>
>Deepak

have you uncommented servlet-mapping in Tomcat/conf/web.xml?

 <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>