Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Piotr Skawinski <p_...@hotmail.com> on 2008/05/18 11:24:42 UTC

XMLBeans not compatible with cxf 2.1

Hi,

I'm facing more and compatibility errors with cxf after upgrading to version 2.1. The latest one is compatibility with the XMLBeans. When parsing xml using XMLBeans I get following error:

2008-05-18 11:10:58 org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept
INFO: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null

Even if I have a general exception catch block the error is not catched and only the above pure trace is logged. The code runs fine when it is outside any servlet container.

Is cxf really not compatible with XMLBeans?? I use 2.3.0 version of XMLBeans and that is also that version that cxf 2.1 says it is using.

The same error occurs with the previous version of the cxf, for example 2.0.5.

Any suggestion ??

Any help will be appreciated.

-Piotr

Re: XMLBeans not compatible with cxf 2.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On May 19, 2008, at 4:36 AM, Brad wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I didn't realise 2.1 provides XMLBeans support. I added some classes
> to provide JAX-RS frontend providers (which thinking about it is
> probbably not what Piotr is looking for), does this mean I can now get
> that functionailty out of the box from 2.1?

No, the jax-rs stuff is pretty much complete separate from the rest of
the DataBindings due to the way the JAX-RS spec specifies the
providers and stuff.   It might be possible to get the JAX-RS stuff to
use the other databindings, via some sort of wrapper, but that's not
even done for JAXB right now.   Trying to do it for xmlbeans might be
even more of a trouble.

In anycase, definitely submit the patches for xmlbeans for JAX-RS.  :-)

Dan

> Brad.
>
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Kind of  a crazy idea....   can you try 2.0.4?    2.0.4 had a "bug"
>> in the
>> that it always dumped out full stack traces for all the exceptions
>> being
>> thrown out of the services.   It might help.
>>
>> That said, with 2.1/2.0.6, if you can figure out how to turn on
>> FINE level
>> logging for the java.util.logging stuff, you should be able to get
>> the stack
>> traces there as well.   Probably need a logging.properties file and
>> then set
>> the appropriate system property as a jvm arg.
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On May 18, 2008, at 5:24 AM, Piotr Skawinski wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm facing more and compatibility errors with cxf after upgrading to
>>> version 2.1. The latest one is compatibility with the XMLBeans.
>>> When parsing
>>> xml using XMLBeans I get following error:
>>>
>>> 2008-05-18 11:10:58 org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain
>>> doIntercept
>>> INFO: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now:
>>> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
>>>
>>> Even if I have a general exception catch block the error is not
>>> catched
>>> and only the above pure trace is logged. The code runs fine when
>>> it is
>>> outside any servlet container.
>>>
>>> Is cxf really not compatible with XMLBeans?? I use 2.3.0 version of
>>> XMLBeans and that is also that version that cxf 2.1 says it is
>>> using.
>>>
>>> The same error occurs with the previous version of the cxf, for
>>> example
>>> 2.0.5.
>>>
>>> Any suggestion ??
>>>
>>> Any help will be appreciated.
>>>
>>> -Piotr

>>> Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger
>>>
>>> http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=wlmailtagline
>>
>> ---
>> Daniel Kulp
>> dkulp@apache.org
>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

RE: XMLBeans not compatible with cxf 2.1

Posted by kpalania <kp...@yahoo.com>.
Piots - did you ever get this to work with XMLBeans? I've been trying various
things today but in vain so far..

Posted by Piotr Skawinski <p_...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Brad <br...@javawork.co.uk>.
Dan,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by huntc <hu...@mac.com>.

dkulp wrote:

> On May 18, 2008, at 5:35 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:
>
>> AFAIK CXF doesn't support XMLBeans.  Axis2 does I think.
>>

> Uhh...     yes it does.    2.1 actually has a xmlbeans databinding.
> It's not documented at all yet though (My fault) and no tooliing yet
> for it.

I am sure you're probably incredibly busy, but I'm going nuts trying to
figure out how I can use xmlbeans for binding. Could you quickly cast your
eyes over the following?

Here's where I am up to:

	&lt;jaxws:endpoint id="indicativeDataService"
		implementor="au.com.blueglue.hrwebservices.IndicativeDataServiceImpl"
		address="/IndicativeDataService"&gt;
		&lt;jaxws:dataBinding&gt;
			&lt;bean class="org.apache.cxf.xmlbeans.XmlBeansDataBinding" /&gt;
		&lt;/jaxws:dataBinding&gt;
	&lt;/jaxws:endpoint&gt;

I have also created a dependency on:

	&lt;dependency&gt;
		&lt;groupId&gt;org.apache.cxf&lt;/groupId&gt;
		&lt;artifactId&gt;cxf-rt-databinding-xmlbeans&lt;/artifactId&gt;
		&lt;version&gt;${cxf-version}&lt;/version&gt;
	&lt;/dependency&gt;

My interface looks like:

@WebService(targetNamespace =
"http://schemas.blueglue.com.au/hrwebservices")
public interface IndicativeDataService {
	void upload(
			@WebParam(name = "indicativeData") IndicativeDataDocument data);
}

...where IndicativeDataDocument is an xmlbeans generated class.

When I deploy to my server I get:

with name
'indicativeDataService': Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.NotWritablePropertyException: Invalid property
'dataBinding' of bean class
[org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spring.EndpointDefinitionParser$SpringEndpointImpl]:
Bean property 'dataBinding'
is not writable or has an invalid setter method. Does the parameter type of
the setter match the return
type of the getter?

It all fields tantalisingly close... help!

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Christopher

Re: XMLBeans not compatible with cxf 2.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Piotr Skawinski <p_...@hotmail.com>.
Great, I'll be glad to test them :)

> Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 11:06:53 +0100
> From: cfx@javawork.co.uk
> To: users@cxf.apache.org
> Subject: Re: XMLBeans not compatible with cxf 2.1
>
> Hi Piotr,
>
> I have some provider classes that enable XMLBean support in CXF
> 2.1.They are pretty basic and not thoroughly tested (i.e. "they work
> on my machine" and I've only used the JAX-RS API) but do enable the
> use of XmlObject based classes as method parameters.
>
> I'm going to submit then as a patch sometime next week so if you are
> interested then feel free to use/improve them.
>
> Brad.
>
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > AFAIK CXF doesn't support XMLBeans.  Axis2 does I think.
> >
> > Glen
> >

> > 2008-05-18 Piotr Skawinski wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm facing more and compatibility errors with cxf after upgrading to version 2.1. The latest one is compatibility with the XMLBeans. When parsing xml using XMLBeans I get following error:
> >>
> >> 2008-05-18 11:10:58 org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept
> >> INFO: Application has thrown exception, unwinding now: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: null
> >>
> >> Even if I have a general exception catch block the error is not catched and only the above pure trace is logged. The code runs fine when it is outside any servlet container.
> >>
> >> Is cxf really not compatible with XMLBeans?? I use 2.3.0 version of XMLBeans and that is also that version that cxf 2.1 says it is using.
> >>
> >> The same error occurs with the previous version of the cxf, for example 2.0.5.
> >>
> >> Any suggestion ??
> >>
> >> Any help will be appreciated.
> >>
> >> -Piotr

> >> Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger
> >> http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=wlmailtagline

Discover the new Windows Vista

Re: XMLBeans not compatible with cxf 2.1

Posted by Brad <cf...@javawork.co.uk>.
Hi Piotr,

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.