Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> on 2009/09/09 18:20:42 UTC

Re: Interceptor question

If the action you are redirecting to has the same interceptor-stack
(via package inheritance or interceptor configuration), then the
answer is 'yes'

-Wes

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Mike Baranski
<li...@secmgmt.com> wrote:
> I have a question about an interceptor.
>
> If I run an interceptor on an action, then redirect, is the same interceptor
> run on the redirected-to action?
>
> I'm redirecting to a change password page if a password is over x days old,
> so do I need to specify a different interceptor stack for the change
> password action to prevent an infinite loop of redirection?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.
Ask me for a quote!

Re: Interceptor question

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.
Wes Wannemacher wrote:
> If the action you are redirecting to has the same interceptor-stack
> (via package inheritance or interceptor configuration), then the
> answer is 'yes'

So the answer is to not put this "force to password change page"
interceptor in the stack used for the password change page, or make that
interceptor a no-op if the appropriate action is already about to be
invoked.

-Dale