Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.com> on 2004/01/06 12:33:32 UTC

DAV:acl content question! (ACL draft 12)

Hi,

I have been reading the ACL draft 12 and I was wondering about the DAV:acl
content! In part 8.1 is stated the DAV:acl might not contain the full ACL
for the resource. If the user has DAV:acl-read privilege is set then access
is granted for DAV:acl, but what access rights might result in an incomplete
ACL list?

I need a full list of all ACE's on a given resource for administrative
purposes.

Thanks,
/Jacob

I know this question probably should be posted on an ACL list somewhere :-)
Please let me know if I should keep these kind of general question away from
this list.

Re: DAV:acl content question! (ACL draft 12)

Posted by Michael Smith <ms...@speedlegal.com>.
Jacob Lund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been reading the ACL draft 12 and I was wondering about the DAV:acl
> content! In part 8.1 is stated the DAV:acl might not contain the full ACL
> for the resource. If the user has DAV:acl-read privilege is set then access
> is granted for DAV:acl, but what access rights might result in an incomplete
> ACL list?

I _think_ that this is just an acknowledgement that a server might
withhold certain information from some users, and a specification of how
the server must deal with that case if so.

I don't think of the standard privs will result in an incomplete ACL
list, but custom privs obviously could.

I don't think you need to worry about this.

Mike