Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mike Mason <mg...@thoughtworks.net> on 2003/12/05 17:03:57 UTC

0.34: svnserve broken in win32 installer package?

I just installed Subversion 0.34.0 from svn-0.34.0-setup.exe, and
svnserve seems to be broken:

C:\isvn\repos>svn --version
svn, version 0.34.0 (r7859)
   compiled Dec  4 2003, 08:08:28

Copyright (C) 2000-2003 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' schema
  - handles 'https' schema
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' schema
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' schema

C:\isvn\repos>svnserve --version

C:\isvn\repos>svnserve -d

C:\isvn\repos>svnserve help

C:\isvn\repos>svnserve --help

It seems to do nothing whatever I type. Last version I installed on
Windows was 0.30.0, and svnserve worked great.

Thanks,
Mike.

Re: 0.34: svnserve broken in win32 installer package?

Posted by Mike Mason <mg...@thoughtworks.net>.
Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> The Installer's binaries are identical with the zip files in Subversion's
>
>file sharing area so it's no build here :-)
>
>I have the same md5 sum on both the file unpacked from the zip-file and
>the installed one:
>
>  bb3c349c12fcc0e3a2c1e59ed002ceb3 *svnserve.exe
>
>My Windows system is XP and I have no problems. One fault (unknown
>reason) so far, let's hope it's no more..

Weird. I'm now getting the same md5sum
(bb3c349c12fcc0e3a2c1e59ed002ceb3) and svnserve.exe works correctly. I
have no idea what the heck I was running before, or whether Windows was
doing something weird (it's been a while since I rebooted, and maybe I
had svnserve running or something). Everything looks okay now.

*sigh* I wish my Linux box was working!

Cheers,

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Monday 08 December 2003 12.32, Mike Mason wrote:
> Branko Čibej wrote:
> >>It seems to do nothing whatever I type. Last version I installed on
> >>Windows was 0.30.0, and svnserve worked great.
> >
> >I can't say anything about the installer, but the svnserve executable
> > I posted in the binary package definitely works.
> >
> >(Not that svnserve supports the --version option... something we
> > should fix, I believe.)
>
> Hmmm. The version in the svn-win32-0.34.0.zip works fine, and is a
> different size. I'm guessing the two are built with different
> mechanisms, rather than the installer being a repackaging of the zip.
> Maybe the installer build process needs looking at?

The Installer's binaries are identical with the zip files in Subversion's
file sharing area so it's no build here :-)

I have the same md5 sum on both the file unpacked from the zip-file and
the installed one:

  bb3c349c12fcc0e3a2c1e59ed002ceb3 *svnserve.exe

My Windows system is XP and I have no problems. One fault (unknown
reason) so far, let's hope it's no more..

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/kontakt/ ||
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: 0.34: svnserve broken in win32 installer package?

Posted by Mike Mason <mg...@thoughtworks.net>.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.