Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2014/01/28 09:25:28 UTC

[FYI] Interesting prototype - Integration between Mondrian and Tajo

Hi folks,

Recently, I was notified from some talented guy, Daniel Einspanjer. He
has developed some prototype for the interegration between Tajo and
Mondrian.

He hacked in them as follows:

* Change to GlobalEngine and QueryMaster of Tajo to directly take SQL
statements as well as a JSON serialized plan.
* Change some parts of Mondrian to submit MDX queries to Tajo (as far as I know)

I think that It's a very interesting trial. As he mentioned, it needs
more work, and he has continued it.

You can access this trial at
https://github.com/deinspanjer/mondrian-queryplanner-demo. Because It
also provides Vargrant, you can try it easily.

Best regards,
Hyunsik Choi