Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by andrew collier <ab...@speedymail.org> on 2004/10/06 08:37:16 UTC

reporting to spamcop

hello,

i have just upgraded to spamassassin-3.0.0 and run it on a linux platform.

i have the following problem when reporting spam using "spamassassin -D -r",
towards the end of the output there is a delay (a few seconds) the i get:

debug: Razor2 is not available
SpamCop -> report to vmx2.spamcop.net failed: Net::SMTP error
SpamCop -> report to vmx1.spamcop.net failed: Net::SMTP error
debug: SpamAssassin: could not report spam to SpamCop.
SpamAssassin: no Internet hashing methods available, so couldn't report.

the delay is a bit annoying when i report a few messages from inside my mail
program. i think i have narrowed down the source of the problem to this bit of
code:

    if ($smtp = Net::SMTP->new($exchange,
                   Hello => $hello,
                   Port => 587,
                   Timeout => 10))

now i am not sure what that does... is it perhaps trying to connect to an
external mail server (which will probably not work on our lan because we have a
proxy/firewall)? in which case, can i configure it to use a local sendmail
instance?

failing this, is it possible to turn of reporting to spamcop?

thanks,
andrew.