Posted to users@maven.apache.org by berndq <be...@gmx.net> on 2007/01/12 08:10:54 UTC

assembly plugin, multiple descriptors and manifest modifications

Hi all,

I use the assembly plugin to create multiple assemblies from a multi
module project:

           <descriptors>
             <descriptor>src/main/assembly/server.xml</descriptor>
             <descriptor>src/main/assembly/client.xml</descriptor>
           </descriptors>

This works nicely.

But how could I make manifest modifications per assembly? Can this be
configured an a per assembly basis? Think about different main classes.

There seems to be no way to modify the manifest from the descriptor, I
could not find manifest related things here
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html

Is this a bug or at least a valid enhancement?

best regards
Bernd