Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net> on 2003/07/24 21:35:05 UTC

Re: How to backup a running script? and how to recover out-of-sync file?

At 4:01 PM -0500 7/24/03, Cedric Williams wrote:
>Howdy folks,
>   I've got two questions, linked together.
>1 - Can a shell script be committed to a repository while it's being
>run? (I'm guessing no, but figured I should ask first, since this is
>what I was trying to do)

Hmmm ... I do this all the time, and I don't see any reason it should
fail--nor do I see any way some such failure  could cause the
particular error you report.  You run the script itself.  The text
base is another file entirely, inside the .svn directory.  The
message says that the _text_base_ is wrong, and your shell doesn't
even know that file is there.

You said you were trying to commit while the script is actually
running, but this looks like hand-typed commands (for example,
there's a comment "make a change", but nothing showing that actually
happening; also, I see shell prompts, like "D:\Working\03wc\hacks>",
but I've never seen a shell do that during script execution, only the
Windows command executioner). Can you provide a complete transcript
of the failure actually happening?

--
-==-
Jack Repenning