Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Tsui, Alban" <Al...@COGNOS.com> on 2003/10/23 17:30:07 UTC

cocoon url redirection using action?

Hi

I want to do some redirection using
	<map:mathc pattern="gateway">
			<map:act type="xsp-action"
src="system/gateway_action.xsp">
				<map:redirect-to
uri="{gatewayredirectURL}"/>
			</map:act>
		</map:match>

Assuming the redirect url is generated by my action as above, would it
automatically redirect all the queryparameters (POSTed) along to the
redirect url?

Or do I need to do something special in the action codes to pass along the
posted query parameters?

What I have in mind is that I have a url like:

  cocoon/gateway

and a form is posted to this url and then from my action, it would examine
some parameters and then redirect the posted form to another url for further
processing by keeping all the request parameters orginally posted to
cocoon/gateway.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Alban

P.S. I am using cocoon 2.0.3 on tomcat.

Join us at Cognos' biggest event of the year Enterprise 2003, The Cognos
Business Forum.  Taking place in over 25 cities around the world, it's an
opportunity for Business and IT leaders to learn about strategies for
driving performance. Visit http://www.cognos.com/enterprise03 for more
details.

Re: cocoon url redirection using action?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
AFAIK the request query string is not forwarded to the redirect. Using
input modules allows you to access the complete query string. I don't
know if this is possible in 2.0.3. You will have a get request then.
Newer Cocoon versions provide proxy generators as you can read in
different recent threads on this list.

Joerg

AW: cocoon url redirection using action?

Posted by Markus Heussen <he...@rheinland-online.com>.
cocoon url redirection using action?Hi Alban,

 <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/{gatewayredirectURL}"/>

should work because if cocoon:/ protocol is used it is only a internal
redirect and not a new request.
"A redirection URI can make use of the cocoon: protocol to return content
from another Cocoon pipeline. In this case, the redirection happens
internally. The content from the redirected URI is returned to the client as
if it came from the original URI. "
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/redirection.html)

Greetings,

Markus

[...]

  This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If
you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient,
you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any