Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Nicolas Seritti <ns...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/11 20:23:42 UTC

Utilizing snapshotdiff for distcp

Hello all,

It looks like HDFS-8828 implemented a way to utilize the snapshotdiff
output to feed distcp in some way. I haven't however found any
documentation explaining how to do this. Can anyone provide any information
on if this is possible, and if so how to appropriately execute a distcp
with the output?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: Utilizing snapshotdiff for distcp

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You need to pass the -diff <older snapshot name> <newer snapshot name>
option (works only when -update is active). The newer snapshot name can
also be "." to indicate the current view.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.