Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Arne v.Irmer" <Ar...@uni-dortmund.de> on 2007/09/14 11:20:35 UTC

Re: Authentication with Slide - Slide vs tomcat Realm

Hi Satish,
look for JAAS-Authentication that is a standard API that works pretty
well with tomcat. A good introduction is found at
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-09-2002/jw-0913-jaas.html

Yours
 Arne

Posted by Satish <sa...@harbinger-systems.com>.
Hi Arne,

I got that. I have implemented it and working fine, I could authenticate
with Slide this way. But after that this code is
not working, what I am trying here is get the webdadv resource..

import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpURL;

private HttpURL url;

private WebdavResource webdavResource;

this.url = new HttpURL( http://localhost/slide/files/abc.xml);

this.url.setUserinfo("root", "root");

this.webdavResource = new WebdavResource(this.url);

Now this is returning me "Bad Request" when I use
org.apache.commons.httpclient with version 3.1 and worked well when I use

older version of org.apache.commons.httpclient, version is less that 2.0.

Any clue.

Posted by "Arne v.Irmer" <Ar...@uni-dortmund.de>.
Satish schrieb:
> Hey Arne,
>
> Thanks for quick response.
>
> Well I am using JAAS module from Slide site, they have made it available for
> authentication with Slide.
> I did all configurations and tested by accessing from the browser and
> DavExplorer, its working well. JAAS module responding preety good way.
>
> I then tried making HTTP based authentication using 3.1 lib and its also
> working fine.
>
> Later I just was requesting webdav resource where 3.1 lib is configured in
> my app, and I was getting error with Slide as Bad Request.
> Then i replaced this http 3.1 lib by older version and could get webdav
> resource. But now I cant authenticate since AuthScope is not there in older
> version.

Hi Satish,
As I said I'm using 3.01 and do the authentication that way:
        HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

        // Authentifizierung bei ews
        client.getState().setCredentials(
                new AuthScope(null,80),
                new UsernamePasswordCredentials("Username","UserPasswd")
        );

Posted by "Arne v.Irmer" <Ar...@uni-dortmund.de>.
Hi Satish,
Satish schrieb:
> Hi Arne,
>
> I manage to authenticate with http client 3.1, latest http client library
> with JAAS module. But I could not get webdav resource now. Upon searching on
> the forum I found Slide is not supporting http client 3.x libraries.

We are using http client 3.01 and it works.
> I am trying with the typical JAAS authentication with LoginContext, where I
> am getting error as not able to create LoginContext since could not able to
> locate the login configuration.

This looks like a problem on the server side. I implemented my own JAAS
authentication, so it might be different to your case. If would get that
error-message it will stress on not finding my JAAS implementation. I
your case maybe the JAAS-Implementation you are using has a problem. In
general speaking it could not be a problem of the version of http
client, because basic authentication is standardized and well
implemented in that client.
You should have the same problems with other clients like DAVExplorer etc.
> Do you have any idea how we can use the http client library, which is
> easiest way - or it is the limitation of Slide.
>

> Regards,
> Satish

ction

Posted by "Arne v.Irmer" <Ar...@uni-dortmund.de>.