Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Arun Nagarajan <an...@in.ibm.com> on 2008/06/25 18:09:51 UTC

Persisting Inner classes

Hi,
        I am using OpenJPA for persistence. The java classes are generated
from XML Schema using XML beans technology. The java types to be persisted
are being generated as inner classes by XML Beans. After writing the
mapping information in the form of xml to map those persistable classes to
DB, I ran the code to persist the java types.

I got the following error.

the class "com.ibm.retail.Product.InnerProduct" listed in the
openjpa.MetaDataFactory configuration property could not be loaded;
ignoring

Can you please let me know whether OpenJPA supports persisting inner
class. My inner class is a static inner class.

Thanks and Regards,
arun...
Arun N,
IBM

Re: Persisting Inner classes

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You should be able to work with static inner classes. I think that you
might need to use $ notation for the last separator, though:

     com.ibm.retail.Product$InnerProduct

-Patrick

On Jun 25, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Arun Nagarajan wrote:

> Hi,
>        I am using OpenJPA for persistence. The java classes are
> generated
> from XML Schema using XML beans technology. The java types to be
> persisted
> are being generated as inner classes by XML Beans. After writing the
> mapping information in the form of xml to map those persistable
> classes to
> DB, I ran the code to persist the java types.
>
> I got the following error.
>
> the class "com.ibm.retail.Product.InnerProduct" listed in the
> openjpa.MetaDataFactory configuration property could not be loaded;
> ignoring
>
> Can you please let me know whether OpenJPA supports persisting inner
> class. My inner class is a static inner class.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> arun...
> Arun N,
> IBM