Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by NB <na...@hotmail.com> on 2008/10/28 18:34:49 UTC

Opening up a port to a single instance of SVN

Hi, Please let me know of more appropriate groups or sources of info.
I have an existing instance of SVN on Apache (Windows 2003) but need
to open up a new repository, related to training materials, to a
larger audience. This larger audience is currently unable able to gain
any form of access to the server upon which SVN resides.
We are proposing to open up a single port to provide the larger
audience with access to the new repository (we do not want this
audience to see/learn of the existing source code repositories). We
are restricted to using a single server, for the time being.
What would be the best way to approach this problem? We have
considered a second instance of SVN on the single server (but cannot
determine how best to do this).
NB

Re: Opening up a port to a single instance of SVN

Posted by NB <na...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks. Will do.

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Hello,
This list is about the development of Subversion itself, not it's usage.  Your
question is about the usage of Subversion, and so more appropriately belongs on
the users list: users@subversion.tigris.org.

Thanks,
-Hyrum