Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Håkon Sagehaug <Ha...@bccs.uib.no> on 2009/06/11 17:56:07 UTC

Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://www.w3.org/2001/datatypes.dtd for schema validation

Hi all

I got an exception today when I wanted to deploy a web service, the
exception was as following

[INFO] Trouble processing wsdl file :WSDLException (at
/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:types/xs:schema/xs:schema/xsd:schema):
faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing '
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/xmldsig-core-schema.xsd'.:
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL:
http://www.w3.org/2001/datatypes.dtd

It seems that the url does not allow one to open a stream to it, this
program gets the same error

URL url = new URL("http://www.w3.org/2001/datatypes.dtd");
InputStream is = url.openStream();

There has been a discussion on the Tuscany list [1]

Is it the same issue in axis 2, I use version 1.4.1

cheers, Håkon

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tuscany-dev/200906.mbox/%3C8765CA4EBD4D4618A67A8A4BC2B029BC@rfengt61p%3E
--
Håkon Sagehaug, Scientific Programmer

Re: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://www.w3.org/2001/datatypes.dtd for schema validation

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
One way is as follows, fetch all the remote wsdl/xsd/dtd's and drop them into your hard disk. Then edit all of them to
make sure they don't refer to the remote url and switch them to the local copy. then run wsdl2java on it.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Håkon Sagehaug <Ha...@bccs.uib.no>.
HI