Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2010/09/27 18:17:47 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release WSS4J 1.5.9 [attn Rampart devs]

Hi Colm, all,

Thanks for the push of this release - I'll take a look at the artifacts later
this afternoon.  One question to you and to the Rampart devs, which is of
course "has this been tested with Rampart?"

Thanks,
--Glen

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 17:49, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 September 2010 11:14:54 am Andreas Veithen wrote:
>> We found a JDK with unlimited strength encryption and the build is
>> successfully running on Hudson. There are still three things to do:
>>
>> 1. Allow hudson@hudson.apache.org to post to the wss4j-dev list, so
>> that the developers will receive notifications about failed builds. I
>> don't know who can do this.
>
> I don't think we can.  Last I checked, it only works if it's posting to a
> moderated list, which most of the ws.a.o lists are not moderated.  (which I
> think is bogus)
>

>> 2. Figure out why only the POMs, but not the JARs are deployed to the
>> snapshot repository [1]. Anybody seen this before?
>
> That's interesting.  No idea.  We probably should switch wss4j completely over
> to nexus though.   Right now, it still points to the old area in the pom.   If
> the pom is update, we could just have hudson do "mvn deploy" and be able to
> test the same way hudson is doing it.

Updated the distributionManagement section and reconfigured the Hudson
job to do a mvn clean deploy. Now it's working.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 28 September 2010 11:14:54 am Andreas Veithen wrote:
> We found a JDK with unlimited strength encryption and the build is
> successfully running on Hudson. There are still three things to do:
>
> 1. Allow hudson@hudson.apache.org to post to the wss4j-dev list, so
> that the developers will receive notifications about failed builds. I
> don't know who can do this.

I don't think we can.  Last I checked, it only works if it's posting to a
moderated list, which most of the ws.a.o lists are not moderated.  (which I
think is bogus)

> 2. Figure out why only the POMs, but not the JARs are deployed to the
> snapshot repository [1]. Anybody seen this before?

That's interesting.  No idea.  We probably should switch wss4j completely over
to nexus though.   Right now, it still points to the old area in the pom.   If
the pom is update, we could just have hudson do "mvn deploy" and be able to
test the same way hudson is doing it.

Dan

> 3. Update Rampart's WSS4J dependency to 1.5.10-SNAPSHOT so that
> continuous integration becomes effective. I'll do that.
>
> Andreas
>
> [1]
> http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/ws/security/wss4j/1.5.10
> -SNAPSHOT/
>
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 15:59, Andreas Veithen
>
> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've created a job [1] in Hudson, but the test suite fails because the
> > JDK is not configured with unlimited strength encryption. I've asked
> > builds@apache.org for advice.
> >
> > Andreas
> >
> > [1] https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/WS/job/wss4j-1.5/
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 15:05, Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>
wrote:
> >> Done.
> >>
> >> Colm.

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Release WSS4J 1.5.9 [attn Rampart devs]

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 28 September 2010 11:14:54 am Andreas Veithen wrote:
> We found a JDK with unlimited strength encryption and the build is
> successfully running on Hudson. There are still three things to do:
>
> 1. Allow hudson@hudson.apache.org to post to the wss4j-dev list, so
> that the developers will receive notifications about failed builds. I
> don't know who can do this.

I don't think we can.  Last I checked, it only works if it's posting to a
moderated list, which most of the ws.a.o lists are not moderated.  (which I
think is bogus)

> 2. Figure out why only the POMs, but not the JARs are deployed to the
> snapshot repository [1]. Anybody seen this before?

That's interesting.  No idea.  We probably should switch wss4j completely over
to nexus though.   Right now, it still points to the old area in the pom.   If
the pom is update, we could just have hudson do "mvn deploy" and be able to
test the same way hudson is doing it.

Dan

> 3. Update Rampart's WSS4J dependency to 1.5.10-SNAPSHOT so that
> continuous integration becomes effective. I'll do that.
>
> Andreas
>
> [1]
> http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/ws/security/wss4j/1.5.10
> -SNAPSHOT/
>
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 15:59, Andreas Veithen
>
> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've created a job [1] in Hudson, but the test suite fails because the
> > JDK is not configured with unlimited strength encryption. I've asked
> > builds@apache.org for advice.
> >
> > Andreas
> >
> > [1] https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/WS/job/wss4j-1.5/
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 15:05, Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>
wrote:
> >> Done.
> >>
> >> Colm.

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog

Re: [VOTE] Release WSS4J 1.5.9 [attn Rampart devs]

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.