Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2014/12/15 13:13:58 UTC

DNS amplification attack to CloudStack VR running dnsmasq

Dear all,

We are using CloudStack 4.2.0 with KVM hypervisors.

Is there a way to prevent our virtual routers (VRs) to be targeted by DNS
amplification attack? It seems that the DNS services on dnsmasq running on
the VRs are by default recursive, causing it to easily be targeted for DNS
amplification attack.

Any advice on how to overcome this?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: DNS amplification attack to CloudStack VR running dnsmasq

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
you got response with BUGs on jira and temp fix is there...
so, yes

--

Andrija Panić

Re: DNS amplification attack to CloudStack VR running dnsmasq

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: DNS amplification attack to CloudStack VR running dnsmasq

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Andrija,

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Andrija,

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.
Please refer the following ticket, It will help https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-5494

Thanks,
jayapal

Posted by Jayapal Reddy Uradi <ja...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: DNS amplification attack to CloudStack VR running dnsmasq

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Please look at the comments for CLOUDSTACK-5494 and CLOUDSTACK-6432 on JIRA.
Maybe it helps.

-Wei

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--